Bob Dole wins the presidential election of 1996

More ASB than Communist Texas :rolleyes:

Actually, if a serious scandal had come out(such as the TL where Lewinsky has a baby, though that has Phil Gramm become President)Clinton could be defeated. There was another TL where Powell ran as Independent, taking the election to the House which elected Dole. On another site, I saw a TL (probably ASB)that has a better-handled shutdown resulting in Dole being elected.

I think Dole would be a two-term president unless in 2000 he retires for Kemp. Either way, Iraq would probably never happen. Maybe OBL would be taken out before 9/11 but that's unlikely.

Actually, if a serious scandal had come out(such as the TL where Lewinsky has a baby, though that has Phil Gramm become President)Clinton could be defeated. There was another TL where Powell ran as Independent, taking the election to the House which elected Dole. On another site, I saw a TL (probably ASB)that has a better-handled shutdown resulting in Dole being elected.

I think Dole would be a two-term president unless in 2000 he retires for Kemp. Either way, Iraq would probably never happen. Maybe OBL would be taken out before 9/11 but that's unlikely.

Link to the Lewinsky Baby Tineline?

as Alternative, Dole could become president in 1989!

POD: death of Ronald Reagan in 1981 and Presidency of Bush Sr. 1981-1989
with two terms Bush Sr. can't be reelect, so Dole got realistic chance to the republican nomination in 1989.