Votes: 12 30.8%
  • TrumanJohnson's

Votes: 16 41.0%
  • Konrad Sartorius'

Votes: 11 28.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
November 5th, 1992. President Bush Narrowly wins a Second Term:

On November 5th, 1992, thanks to third Party candidate Ross Perot entering the race in February and deciding to stay in the race amid controversy, and allegations of rape coming out against Democratic nominee Bill Clinton, an unpopular President George Bush won the 1992 election narrowly:

genusmap.php

President George H.W. Bush (R-TX)/ Vice President J. Danforth Quayle (R-IN): 275 EV/39.5 PV

Governor William J. "Bill" Clinton (D-AR)/ Senator Albert A. Gore Jr. (D-TN): 263 EV/38% PV

Businessman H. Ross Perot (I-TX)/ Ret. Vice Admiral James Stockdale (I-CA): 0 EV/ 21.8% PV

Contribute with whatever you want. Just pay attention to the updates for the sake of continuity and if you have a problem with a response, talk to the original Poster. HAVE FUN!!!! :D

March 12th 1993- A bomb explodes at Capitol South Metro Station in Washington D.C. 17 are killed, and more than 40 injured. There is severe damage to the station as well as moderate to light damage of the O'Neill House Office Building and the Cannon House Office Building.

March 13th, 1993: President Bush holds a Press Conference about the Attacks at Capitol South Metro Station:

"Good Morning. Barbara and I send our condolences to the families of the 17 people who tragically lost their lives in yesterday's attacks, and we pray for a speedy recovery for the 40 men and women who were injured in the attacks. I want to assure the American people that the United States government will do everything in its power to find who is responsible for these attacks, and when we find them, we will bring them to justice. Thank you."

January 20, 1993: President Bush is inaugurated. He promises to "continue to steer America along the track of growth" and declares "America must not fall back from our success but build on it." The speech is well-received. However with a Democrat Congress and voter fatigue and very little political capital there are questions as to how successful Bush's second term can be.

February 1, 1993: The US unemployment rate falls to 7.0% President Bush's approval rating is at 50%

February 12, 1993: Nearly 20 House Republicans vow never to vote for a tax increase, even if its proposed by President Bush. One of these Republicans is Newt Gingrich.

February 18, 1993: 3 Iraqi men are arrested for plotting to assassinate the President.

February 19, 1993: The Iraqi government is linked to an attempt on the President's life. The US begins bombing Iraq in retaliation.

February 25, 1993: A draft budget bill from the White House is leaked. the draft shows the White House wants $150 billion in spending cuts, and no tax increases(in fact taxes are slightly cut). Congressional Democrats express disappointment with the budget, with Speaker Tom Foley saying "The administration needs to take serious responsibility for this country's dire fiscal state. It is unfair that the poor and ordinary Americans should exclusively suffer the burden of measures to cut the deficit."

March 16, 1993: A new UN mission in Somalia is authorized. Led by the US 28 nations dedicate troops to the UNISOM mission, a total of nearly 30,000 personeel. President Bush vows to restore stability to war-torn Somalia.

March 20, 1993: President Bush's approval rating is at 46%.

Last edited:
January 20, 1993: President Bush is inaugurated. He promises to "continue to steer America along the track of growth" and declares "America must not fall back from our success but build on it." The speech is well-received. However with a Democrat Congress and voter fatigue and very little political capital there are questions as to how successful Bush's second term can be.

February 1, 1993: The US unemployment rate falls to 7.0% President Bush's approval rating is at 50%

February 12, 1993: Nearly 20 House Republicans vow never to vote for a tax increase, even if its proposed by President Bush. One of these Republicans is Newt Gingrich.

February 18, 1993: 3 Iraqi men are arrested for plotting to assassinate the President.

February 19, 1993: The Iraqi government is linked to an attempt on the President's life. The US begins bombing Iraq in retaliation.

February 25, 1993: A draft budget bill from the White House is leaked. the draft shows the White House wants $150 billion in spending cuts, and no tax increases(in fact taxes are slightly cut). Congressional Democrats express disappointment with the budget, with Speaker Tip O'Neill saying "The administration needs to take serious responsibility for this country's dire fiscal state. It is unfair that the poor and ordinary Americans should exclusively suffer the burden of measures to cut the deficit."

March 16, 1993: A new UN mission in Somalia is authorized. Led by the US 28 nations dedicate troops to the UNISOM mission, a total of nearly 30,000 personeel. President Bush vows to restore stability to war-torn Somalia.

March 20, 1993: President Bush's approval rating is at 46%.

Slight Correction. Tom Foley was Speaker of the House in '93, Tip had been retired since 1987. Other than that, great updates.

April 3, 1993: President Bush makes speech on Bosnia crisis. Bush condemns "war crimes" and says "the international community shall not tolerate crimes against humanity." Bush calls on players in the region to make peace and declares "The United States and our allies are willing to do all that is necessary, including intervention, to ensure peace in Bosnia-Herzegovina."

April 11, 1993: Bush and Russian President Yeltsin met and discussed the development of the former Soviet Union. The two partners both described the meeting, held in the White House, as very productive and strengthened US-Russian relations. Issues discussed ranged from free market transition, border disputes, nuclear weapons and long-term relations. Diplomats have expressed hope the two countries can move beyond their emnity to build a strong relationship.

April 20, 1993: US intervention in Bosnia came closer as the Serbs rejected the UN peace proposal. Secretary of State James Baker declared "The United States is very disappointed in the refusal of the Serbs and other players in the Bosnia-Herzegovina to make serious moves for peace."

April 24, 1993: Russia has defended Serbia and reaffirmed their ties to the country.

April 27, 1993: The White House has released its plans for the budget. The administration wants $200 billion spending cuts, mainly to social spending, but no tax increases. Democrats were furious, while conservative Republicans were happy with the proposals, seeing it as a welcome shift to the right.

May 2, 1993: The House passed its own budget which increased income taxes from 31% to 37% and increased corporate tax to 36%. There were only $25 billion in spending cuts and $5 billion in 'stimulus'. The administration was furious, decrying "obstructionism" and "political posturing" from Congress.

May 5, 1993: A new poll is released contrasting support for the two budget proposals. 54% of Americans support the administrations' budget plans, 34% supported Congress's plan and 10% were undecided. However Bush's approval rating had fallen to 44% and other poll results showed only 41% of Americans had 'great confidence' that the administration could 'seriously reduce the deficit' while 25% of Americans had 'no confidence' in that.

May 6, 1993:Congressional Republicans, congressional Democrats and the administration held a meeting on the budget to agree on a compromise. Democrats accept no major spending cuts, or at least wary of that, while Bush is wary of raising taxes again. Many analysts believe Bush will be forced to raise taxes just like in his first term.

May 8, 1993: Doubts are expressed by many in Congress that the controversial NAFTA(North American Free Trade Agreement) can ever get passed. Secretary of State Baker said Congress will pass it.

May 10, 1993: NATO will begin intervention in Bosnia in 48 hours unless 'concrete steps' are 'immediately undertaken' to get peace. President Bush declared "America will lead the new world order and America will do what is necessary to defend human rights and the innocent. America will stand up for its values."

May 21st 1993 - Hillary Rodham Clinton and Bill Clinton separate after months of allegations about his infidelity. Hillary Rodham moves back to her home state of Illinois with the couple's daughter, Chelsea.

June 17th 1994- O.J. Simpson is found murdered outside of his home in Brentwood, California.

September 22nd 1995 - Hillary Rodham announces her candidacy for Senator of Illinois after incumbent Paul Simon decides not to run for re-election.

October 3rd, 1993. Battle of Mogadishu takes place, Mohamed Farrah Aidid and top aides captured: On October 3rd, 1993, the U.S. Joint Operations force, Task Force Ranger, participated in a mission to capture leaders of the Habr Gidr Clan, including its leader Mohamed Farrah Aidid, and the mission was a success. President Bush addressed the nation the next evening from the Oval Office. He congratulated the men and women that carried out this mission and also said that "with the capture of these men, we can soon restore order to Somalia and bring the Americans who are serving there home."

November 19th 1993 - News breaks that Former Governor of Arkansas and 1992 Democratic nominee for President, Bill Clinton is rushed into the University Hospital of Arkansas (UAMS), in Little Rock, Arkansas, it is not yet known why this is.

November 21st, 1993 - After days of trying to supress the news, family lawyer, informs a crown of reporters outside the UAMS, that 40th and 42nd Governor of Arkansas and 50th Attorney General of Arkansas, William Jefferson "Bill" Clinton has died aged 47 from cocaine abuse and overdose. The family lawyer, then goes on to say that, Ms Hillary Rodham and their daughter, Chelsea, have been informed and would like to take this time to grief privately.

(OOC- Sorry if this is dark but I wanted to shake the Democratic Party, up a bit andI am using these two sources as the back drop to this post:
http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1155472/posts
MOD EDIT of unacceptable source
No Problem. All contributions are welcome.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the bigger problem is the use of Stormfront as a source. Do you also cite the National Enquirer? I hear their front-page coverage of the boy who ate his own foot while trapped in a refrigerator was groundbreaking.

No Problem. All contributions are welcome.
Cheers just wanted to make sure.

I think the bigger problem is the use of Stormfront as a source. Do you also cite the National Enquirer? I hear their front-page coverage of the boy who ate his own foot while trapped in a refrigerator was groundbreaking.
And no I don't always use the National Enquirer as my sources but when they correlate with other works, I will link them so I don't seem like a paranoid conspiracy theorist, I'm not praising it, I am just simply stating that it is a opinion shared with other people.

And no I don't always use the National Enquirer as my sources but when they correlate with other works, I will link them so I don't seem like a paranoid conspiracy theorist, I'm not praising it, I am just simply stating that it is a opinion shared with other people.

You have on one hand an article posted by Stormfront, and on the other hand you have an article written by a man who clearly has an axe to grind, who posts a number of things that don't add up, for example: how did a "respected Little Rock physician" treat Hillary Clinton's father when she grew up in the suburbs of Chicago? How is it "well known" among doctors in Little Rock that a man had a cocaine overdose, when disclosing the fact that a patient had an overdose when not medically necessary, let alone identifying the patient by name, is a pretty clear breach of medical ethics, not to mention a HIPAA violation? "An opinion shared by other people," doesn't mean jack shit. A lot of people share the opinion that the world was created by alien gods flying C130s or whatever the fuck it is that Scientologists believe. A lot of people share the opinion that having sex with a virgin cures venereal diseases. The fact that a bunch of people share a wrong opinion doesn't make it that wrong opinion a fact, it just means that a lot of people are stupid.

November 8, 1994: John Ellis "Jeb" Bush, former Florida Secretary of Commerce, businessman, and son of President of the United States George H. W. Bush, wins the Florida gubernatorial election, against incumbent governor Lawton Chiles.

January 17, 1995: Jeb Bush and his brother George Walker Bush, are both inaugreated into their respected office, and George H. W. Bush, becomes the first president to have two son in Governorship positions, while in the White House.

Wouldn't 94 be Democratic years and therefore lower the chances of both Bush's getting elected, especially Dubya, as Richards was still relatively popular? I think Dubya would stick with Baseball and Jeb would wait until 98, but that's just me.

June 6, 1993:President Bush is forced to give into Congress on the budget. Democrats got tax increases in income tax from 31% to 37% and of capital gains tax to 36%, while Bush got $103 million in spending cuts, far more than what most Democrats wanted but less than his original proposal. Both liberals and conservatives were disappointed with the proposal but Congress is likely to pass it reluctantly.

June 22, 1993: The budget is passed.

November 16, 1993: President Bush rules out amending NAFTA to appease Democrats wary of the agreement.

November 17, 1993:The House vote on NAFTA is tied, 217-217 for and opposed.

November 18, 1993: NAFTA passes the House 221-213. The agreement is opposed by many liberals as undermining environmental protections and many, including Ross Peror, believe it is dangerous to the economy and will lead to 'a giant sucking sound' of jobs going south to Mexico.

November 23, 1993: The US Senate passes NAFTA by the narrowest margin possible, averting a filibuster, The historic free trade agreement is passed and is a crowning accomplishment(or failure) of the Bush presidency.

November 8, 1994: Democrats retained a huge Senate majority, with 57 seats to 43 Republicans, unseating Republicans in Delaware, Minnesota and Vermont. As the opposition party they had the advantage in midterm elections. However a still struggling economy, opposition to NAFTA, and bitter partisanship on Capitol Hill, along with conservative frustration with the President, led to Democrat victories. Democrats gained 18 seats in the House to get 276 seats to 158 Republicans.

Wouldn't 94 be Democratic years and therefore lower the chances of both Bush's getting elected, especially Dubya, as Richards was still relatively popular? I think Dubya would stick with Baseball and Jeb would wait until 98, but that's just me.

I agree, I think it's really implausible to elect them, they won narrow victories in the year of the Republican Revolution and TTL 1994 will be an anti-Republican year and they'd be tied to an unpopular President by blood. No way they win. You can keep it but I think it should be removed.

QUOTE=dw93;12358411]Wouldn't 94 be Democratic years and therefore lower the chances of both Bush's getting elected, especially Dubya, as Richards was still relatively popular? I think Dubya would stick with Baseball and Jeb would wait until 98, but that's just me.[/QUOTE]
I was under the impression President Bush's approval was average for an incumbent president's second term, so believed that he could assist his son's in their campaigns.

I agree, I think it's really implausible to elect them, they won narrow victories in the year of the Republican Revolution and TTL 1994 will be an anti-Republican year and they'd be tied to an unpopular President by blood. No way they win. You can keep it but I think it should be removed.

I stand corrected and am happy to raise my hands up. I like the idea of Dubya staying with Baseball.